Most are aware of groups of nutrients like proteins and carbohydrates, and also consume these in ample amounts; however, one group of nutrients, which plays a vital role in health--neglected or forgotten--are MINERALS.
What are minerals?
“Minerals are the nutrients that exist in the body, and are as essential as our need for oxygen to sustain life. Minerals are also found in organic and inorganic combinations in food. In the body only 5% of the human body weight is mineral matter, vital to all mental & physical processes & for total well being. They are most important factors in maintaining all physiological processes, are constituents of the teeth, bones, tissues, blood, muscle, and nerve cells.” -- Sonni Alvarez, I.D., M.N.
Fact: You must maximize the consumption of MINERALS to maintain health.
Minerals are the colloidal form of stones and rocks from the mountains, and when mixed with bacteria present in fertile soil, are absorbed by plants. Plants and animals cannot manufacture minerals by themselves. So, if the minerals are not in the soil, it is not in the plants that we eat or in the animals that we eat that consume these mineral-depleted plants.
The most important minerals are the macro minerals, like Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Manganese; and the micro and trace minerals, like Selenium, Molybdenum, Barium, and Boron.
The question is: Are our soils still fertile?
ARE ABSORBED BY PLANTS... which means that if these minerals are not in the soil, they are NOT in the plants. Everyone automatically assumes that bananas contain potassium. Not so fast! If the banana that you are eating is grown in potassium-deficient soil, it does not contain potassium! Also, what do pesticides, herbicides and fungicides do? They destroy bacteria. In other words, since bacteria is needed by the soil so that plants absorb these minerals, these farmed plants cannot do so because pesticides have already destroyed the bacteria in the soil. This further depletes minerals in plants that we eat.
The most important macro minerals are: Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, and Phosphorus.
The most important micro or trace minerals are: Selenium (to prevent cancer especially Breast Cancer), Boron (to prevent prostate cancer), and Molybdenum.
Lucky for us, Spirulina Filipina is complete with both the macro and micro and trace minerals (96 trace minerals), but you may have to consume enormous amounts of Spirulina Filipina to catch up on minerals.
How do we maximize minerals intake via consuming SFF products?
To tackle this question, let us first dissect the SOIL, where minerals come from.
The quality of our soils are degraded because of:
1. The water dams: These are located all over and these block minerals of the mountains from reaching farmlands located on the plains
2. Harsh farming methods: Over use and re-use of soils deplete minerals
3. Pesticides: For minerals to be absorbed by plants, bacteria must be present. These bacteria turn minerals into their colloidal or absorbable forms in plants. Pesticides kill bacteria, and thus no minerals from the soil can be absorbed by plant.
Minerals are further lost in the body when one lacks sleep or when one is stressed. This is the reason why stressed people become sick easily.
The national pastime is exercise, but little do people know that when they sweat, many minerals are lost. If one exercises without supplementing with minerals, he/she may be doing more harm than good to his/her body.
Now, on to SFF products, still thinking about SOIL.
Here are the components of SFFproducts that contain the most amounts of minerals (don't forget to think about soil to see the logic with these products):
1. Spirulina Filipina - not grown in soil, but in water. The food grade ingredients that we use to cultivate Spirulina Filipina are loaded with minerals (3 grams per day intake recommended)
2. Oregano in Oleogel Protect - the Oregano used here are from mineral-rich soils of Madagascar. Oregano contains plentiful amounts of Calcium, Iron, and Manganese. (2 to 3 capsules per day recommended)
3. Cacao in DLA Chocolife - The cacao is sourced from mineral-rich soils of Mindanao. Cacao is a great source of Magnesium and Calcium. (one sachet per day recommended)
4. Berries in Berry Nice Juice - The berries used here are from mineral-rich soils of South America, rich in Phosphorus and Zinc (one to two sachets per day recommended)
5. Exotic plants in Spirustamin - These contains exotic plants from minerals rich soil in Brazil and the Amazons. Muira Puama, Tribulus Terrestris, Epimedium Extract, Yerba Mate, Catauba bark are all grown in pristine soils in South American jungles. That is why the Tupi Indians who eat them are quite healthy! (2 to 4 capsules per day recommended)
I guess you have noticed that the only locally sourced mineral is Cacao in DLA Chocolife
The vegetables you are eating may be luscious-looking, but if these are from the Philippine plainsor farmlands, these have many other nutrients but greatly lack minerals.
So, to ensure that you get the maximum amount of minerals daily, try to take ALL the products mentioned above daily! Your health and longevity depend greatly on minerals.
Written By: Gigo Heredia